EIH2 is a dynamic company focussed on becoming Ireland’s premier provider of integrated green energy solutions.
Located in Cork City, we ensure the highest quality service offering with our accomplished team of world class engineers and experienced business leaders.
EIH2 is committed to growth, innovation and sustainability and seeks to be a major employer in the renewables industry in Ireland, providing a dynamic and modern place to work for our employees.
Role: Project Manager
Location: Penrose Quay, Cork City
Salary: €65,000 – €75,000 a year + bonus
Closing date: May 31, 2022
About the role:
The Project Manager will be responsible for the end-to-end project management of external projects within EIH2.
Our successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the design and construction of hydrogen based production facilities. They will also lead engagement with external service providers as well as the management of and interaction with all relevant stakeholders.
The Project Manager will also be required to provide regular reporting on project progress to both the Projects Director and the EIH2 Management team.
About the duties and responsibilities:
- Support project management inputs into the overall EIH2 strategy.
- Take ownership for the Project from pre-feasibility to handover process until project closure.
- To create project programs that reflect the commercial and operational excellence at task execution level.
- To facilitate communication across internal departments and external stakeholders.
- To identify and include relevant stakeholders in the formulation of the project lifecycle.
- Manage and evaluate cost and schedule, ensuring up to date reporting in line with any changes.
- Ensure to maintain a clear understanding of scope at all times and use the agreed change control process for any required change in scope
- Monitor, manage, adjust programs throughout the project lifecycle ensuring risk mitigation and planning are fully considered.
- Ability to look ahead and understand the milestone requirement prior to execution.
- Liaise and manage external consultants, engineers and contractors ensuring best practice.
- Responsibility for daily records and for weekly / monthly reports.
- Manage Project Risk, keep the risk register up to date and report risk updates as needed
- Undertake Lessons Learned process on a regular basis
- Build strong working relationships with both EIH2 staff and external service providers
- Provide regular project updates to the Projects Director and the EIH2 Management Team
- Flexibility and availability to travel when required.
About the knowledge, skills and experience:
- Relevant third level qualification (electrical, mechanical, energy, process engineering etc.)
- A formal Project Management qualification (PMI, APM, MSc or equivalent in Project Management etc)
- At least 7 years’ post qualification experience working in the Project Management of large scale projects in pharmaceutical, chemical or energy industries.
- Self-confidence, maturity, discipline and a commercial approach to establish credibility at all levels up to management level
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence key stakeholders and identify risks which will impact on performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to successfully implement and execute programmes of work
- Proven ability to create and develop good working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals, coupled with the ability to gain commitment from others
- Experience with identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas and implementing solutions
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to identify and analyse problems and potential improvements, and propose and implement solutions
- Proactively identifying new areas of learning and using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
- Ability to set own high standards of performance and delivering desired results
- Proven track record with dealing with complex issues, proactively and in a timely fashion, along with the ability to communicate complex information to others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Project Management applications
- Full Clean European Driving Licence.
About the benefits:
- Flexible schedule
- Private medical insurance
- Work from home
About the day-to-day:
- Monday – Friday
- 40 hours per week
- Cork, CO. Cork T23 YY09: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work
Join the conversation about securing our net-zero future.